Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year

Well, I don’t know about you, but I certainly had an eventful New Year’s. Here’s the bit when I awkwardly throw in the bit that says, “Today I’m happy because I have a boyfriend”. Okay cool. Now that’s out of the way, we’ll be moving on.

Anyways, it’s 2012. How weird is that? I don’t really have much to say about it, to be honest. Just thought I’d wish you all a year better than the last one. Remember to keep smiling, look for the happy things, and go to the gym. Naah, screw the last one. Who really cares.

And since that was a very short post, here’s a Bloody Mary recipe, nicked from the BBC Food website, because I bet most of you need it.

Ingredients
1. 2 ice cubes
2. Vodka, double shot
3. ½ lemon juice
4. 6 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
5. 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
6. 150ml tomato juice
7. Pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper

Method
1. Place the ice in a tall glass and add the vodka
2. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and tomato juice. Stir well.
3. Season to taste and serve straight away.

I have to say, that sounds absolutely disgusting. My mate Wikipedia reckons that other ingredients include Piri Piri sauce, beef consommé, horseradish, celery, olive and cayenne pepper. Thank goodness I do not have to resort to that right now. If you yourself do, I offer my deepest sympathy. Don't get so drunk in the future. There's your lesson for the start of 2012.

No comments: