Wednesday 7 December 2011

Best songs to listen to when you're feeling blue

A tiny selection. This is by no means definitive, but I have essays to write so I’m not going to make a longer one.

1. Highly Evolved – The Vines This is the one I jump on my bed to.
2. Poisoning Pigeons in the Park – Tom Lehrer One of the funniest and darkest songs you’ll ever hear.
3. Better Than Revenge – Taylor Swift She literally sings about my life and I adore her. This one is nice and angry.
4. Sweet Child O’ Mine – Guns N’ Roses TUNE. Enough said.
5. I Can Do Better – Avril Lavigne It’s a dreadful song, I must say, but the chorus does go “I can do better, I can do better” so it’s on the list.
6. All Star – Smash Mouth What a song. It is a lovely lively pick-me-up. Try playing air guitar along with it.
7. Roll Over Beethoven – The Beatles Love ‘em.
8. I’ve Got a Dream – Tangled One of the best songs from one of the best Disney movies ever made. Watch the clip that goes along with it too, it’s really funny with dancing rats.
9. Year 3000 – Busted I grew up to this song and it still makes me feel happy.
10. Don’t Stop Believing – Journey Ooh it’s fantastic. Dance around and cheer up.

Just so you know, when I post these lists they’re not necessarily in order of favouritism. I could never be so unfair to the poor music.

No comments: